Since 2012, our premise has been simple: to improve athletes' performance. We design, engineer and fabricate our products right here in our HQ. Our ever-growing team are more than engineers and sales people - we are pioneers of change. We aren't concerned with just making good products and providing good customer service. Just as you demand more from your body, we demand more from ourselves, designing our products which help make athletes better.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing Product & Engineering team as a Product Designer on a 6-month Fixed-Term Contract.
This role requires someone who wants to learn and up-skill in a fast-paced role with a hands-on approach. The successful candidate will need to be pro-active, organised, and an excellent communicator who serves as an information source when collaborating across multiple teams.
Responsibilities - Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· 3D CAD Creation: Producing 3D CAD models and assemblies using Solidworks software.
· Design for Manufacture: Ensuring all designs are suitable to be manufactured either in our in-house manufacturing facilities or external contract manufacturers.
· Technical Literature: Producing engineering drawings, installation guides, product renders and specification sheets for existing and new products in the BLK BOX portfolio.
· Costings and Routings: Producing and uploading Bills of Material to company MRP and ERP systems, costing product designs through assigned routings and timing, and advising RRP.
· Prototype Assembly: Get hands on building prototypes with other members of the team, taking on feedback from skilled production operators to help influence future design changes.
· Product Knowledge: Develop expertise in the products you design and their customisation options, and the BLK BOX’s products in general, providing authoritative advice to commercial teams.
The Ideal Candidate - You'd be the perfect fit if you are/have:
· Previous Experience: Previous experience creating 3D CAD models and assemblies in a business or educational setting.
· Analytical Mindset: Good mathematical and analytical skills, able to understand and take-on a wide volume of information with a high attention.
· Technical Education: Higher level education in engineering/product design/manufacturing area.
· Team Player: The capability to work collaboratively within a dynamic team, with an appreciation of the roles and needs of other teams within the company.
· Creativity: The ability to generate new ideas and concepts to solve solutions to problems or design briefs. Good problem-solving skills and self-motivated.
· Willingness to Learn: The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships across internal teams receiving training in BLK BOX processes and software’s.
· Flexibility: Comfortable with rapid change, evolving processes, and new information.
· Resilience: A positive approach, and a ‘can-do’ attitude to handle problems as and when they arise.
· Fitness Passion: A passion for the fitness industry and the success of BLK BOX.
· Excel Proficiency: Experience and skills to an intermediate level in excel.
· CAD Systems: Good experience and high skillset in Solidworks or other 3D modelling software such as Catia, OnShape or Fusion 360.