Since 2012, our premise has been simple: to improve athletes' performance. We design, engineer and fabricate our products right here in our HQ. Our ever-growing team are more than engineers and sales people - we are pioneers of change. We aren't concerned with just making good products and providing good customer service. Just as you demand more from your body, we demand more from ourselves, designing our products which help make athletes better.
Are you ready to take on a pivotal role in shaping the supply chain and product portfolio at BLK BOX? At BLK BOX, client obsession is at the heart of our values, and we are committed to delivering world-class products to our customers across the globe. Join us on our mission to provide unparalleled solutions to our clients and contribute to our dynamic and innovative fitness community.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing Product and Supply-Chain team as a Buyer. This role requires someone who is willing to learn and wants a fast-paced role with a hands-on approach. The successful candidate will need to be pro-active, organised, and an excellent communicator who serves as an information source when collaborating across multiple teams.
Responsibilities - Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Determining Inventory Requirements: Assisting with material/product requirement planning and ensuring that correct volumes are purchased within budget and are volume optimised for logistics purposes.
· Stock Level Monitoring: Implement procedures, monitor levels, set targets, creating and sharing reports on departmental KPIs business wide.
· Purchasing Finished Goods: Manage the placement of purchases for a portfolio of suppliers, ensuring all orders are loaded accurately and all relevant data is recorded, monitored and kept up to date.
· Relationship Management: Establish and build effective business relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders within the business. Ensure all relevant departments are supported through information or action.
· Data Management: Ensuring supplier databases are maintained and managed.
· Negotiation: Working with suppliers and external stakeholder on pricing, payment terms, lead times and quality standards towards department targets.
· End Of Line Stock Management: Track the indicators of dead/excess stock and take the necessary actions to reduce them: Returns, promotions, sales, disposal.
· Quality Control: Working with internal quality control and product teams to communicate standards to suppliers and external quality inspectors. To manage the communication of QC reports to the wider team and feedback decisions to suppliers.
· Product Knowledge: Develop expertise in the products and customisation options within your supplier portfolio, and the fitness market in general, providing authoritative advice to commercial teams.
The Ideal Candidate - You'd be the perfect fit if you are/have:
· Previous Experience: Similar experience in a buying/procurement/analyst role.
· Excel Proficiency: Great IT skills with demonstratable experience of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel with knowledge to an advanced level, with ability and experience in creating your own range of formulas to meet a requested output.
· Analytical Mindset: Good mathematical and analytical skills, able to understand and take-on a wide volume of information with a high attention to detail.
· Decision-Maker: The ability to work independently, make timely decisions, processing several different inputs and ensuring the department and company is set up for success.
· Trouble Shooter: Good problem-solving skills and self-motivated with solution orientated approach.
· Interpersonal Skills: The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships across internal teams and with key stakeholders and suppliers.
· Process-Oriented: A process-driven approach with strong planning skills.
· Team Player: The ability to work collaboratively within a dynamic team, with an appreciation of the roles and needs of other teams within the company.
· Flexibility: Comfortable with rapid change, evolving processes, and new information.
· Resilience: A positive approach, and a ‘can-do’ attitude to handle problems as and when they arise.
· Fitness Passion: A passion for the fitness industry and the success of BLK BOX.
·Forecasting: Demonstrate proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of financial and operational impact.
· ERP/MRP Experience: Previous experience working with and exporting data from MRP and ERP systems