Designed to ensure safety in both home and commercial gyms, the BLK BOX Challenger Gym Tile is ideal for protecting both athletes and your floors during training. Made up of a recycled rubber base and a high density 2.5mm EPDM top wear layer, the gym tile offers enhanced shock absorption and is complete with an anti-slip finish. It’s a low-maintenance flooring solution that requires no adhesives to install. Each tile measures 1m x 1m x 20mm and can be cut to shape.
The BLK BOX Challenger Gym Tile has a heterogeneous (dual layer) construction. The 17.5mm recycled rubber base is bonded to a 2.5mm EPDM top Sheet, giving the tile an overall thickness of 20mm.
Thanks to the rubber base, which is extremely shock absorbent, the tile helps to dampen sound and reduce the vibrations generated from the repeated impact of heavy weights. The high-density EPDM top sheet creates a smooth, durable surface that’s incredibly versatile and suitable for a wide range of exercises. The tiles all have bevelled edges to create a smoother, more uniform surface when positioned next to one another.
Important Installation Notes
For full guidance, please follow the downloadable Operation & Maintenance Manual.
WARNING – It is essential that the laying area should be at a constant temperature between 18°C and 27°C for at least 48 hours prior, during, and for at least 24 hours after the installation.
- Installation space must be climate controlled between 18°C and 27°C
- Acclimatise tiles inside the installation space for 48 hours prior to installation
- Un-even subfloors will spoil the appearance of the finished installation, as undulations will show through the tile. Flatness should not exceed 4mm within a 3m circular span
- Cracks in the sub-floor must be repaired
- All contamination should be removed prior to applying the floors. Oil is a serious problem that may require the removal of the entire screed
- A stable atmosphere prevents stress to the floorcovering. An ideal atmosphere is an ambient temperature between 18°C and 27°C
- The sub-floor temperature is also important and should be at a minimum 15°C and a maximum 27°C
- Sunlight can affect the temperature in a room particularly in conservatories and rooms with south-facing windows. In such instances, the sunlight needs to be controlled. This can be achieved with temporary blinds or films applied to glass
- Ensure the installation space is climate controlled between 18°C and 27°C throughout the installation
- Use a chalk line to square the area, marking starting points for the first course to follow, and ensuring cuts will be as efficient as possible
- Follow installation method outlined in the Operation & Maintenance Manual to lay out and secure tiles
- Ensure the installation space is climate controlled between 18°C and 27°C 48 hours following the installation
- Do not allow foot traffic for 24 hours after an installation. And do not allow rolling loads for up to 72 hours after installation
||Black with grey fleck
||1m x 1m
||Recycled SBR Base & EDPM Top wear layer
Benefits of Challenger Gym Tile
|Anti-Slip wet or dry
|Durable & Sustainable