Measuring 500mm x 500mm, the Armour Gym Tile is 40mm thick, this tile has been engineered to provide both high shock absorption and excellent acoustic characteristics. The unique moulded recycled rubber base with a high density 2.5mm EPDM top wear layer offers durability and resilience. The Armour Gym Tile is easy to install with no adhesives required, meaning tiles can be lifted and moved hassle free.
*Please Note - Our Armour Gym Tile is Price & Quantity per SQM*
The BLK BOX Armour Gym Tile is a heterogeneous (dual layer) construction. Constructed using a 37.5mm recycled rubber base bonded to a 2.5mm EPDM top Sheet, giving an overall thickness of 40mm.
The recycled rubber base is extremely shock absorbent which helps with the dampening of sound, impact and vibrations generated from heavy weights. The high-density EPDM top sheet is exceptionally versatile and offers up a thick, smooth, and durable surface making it the ideal gym tile for home gyms or commercial training facilities.
The bevel on the BLK BOX Armour Gym Tiles edges are great for removing any subfloor flaws, whilst the underside of the tile helps reduce weight and smooth out the installation process. The footprint of the Armour Gym Tiles is 0.5m x 0.5m ensuring an effective and efficient installation process.
Sound & Shock Absorption
The BLK BOX Armour Gym Tile can help reduce the noise and vibration levels generated by the persistent impact in free weight and Olympic lifting areas. This can help minimise disruption to the surrounding areas and reduce the impact on your floor and equipment.
It is important to consider force reduction when choosing your gym flooring. The BLK BOX Armour Gym Tiles have a force reduction of 51.7% which is compliant with the European Standards (EN14809: 2005). Meaning the BLK BOX Armour Gym Tiles will be able to withstand heavy impact from lifts, helping ensure a safer lifting environment.
Important Installation Notes
For full guidance, please follow the downloadable Operation & Maintenance Manual
WARNING – It is essential that the laying area should be at a constant temperature between 18°C and 27°C for at least 48 hours prior, during, and for at least 24 hours after the installation
- Installation space must be climate controlled between 18°C and 27°C.
- Acclimatise tiles inside the installation space for 48 hours prior to installation
- Un-even sub floors will spoil the appearance of the finished installation, as undulations with show through the tile. Flatness should not exceed 4mm within a 3m circular span
- Cracks in the sub-floor must be repaired
- All contamination should be removed prior to applying the floors. Oil is a serious problem that may require the removal of the entire screed
- A stable atmosphere prevents stress to the floorcovering. An ideal atmosphere is ambient temperature between 18°C and 27°C
- The sub-floor temperature is also important and should be at a minimum 15°C and a maximum 27°C
- Sunlight can affect the temperature in a room particularly in conservatories and rooms with south facing windows. In such instances the sunlight needs to be controlled. This can be achieved with temporary blinds or films applied to glass
- Ensure the installation space is climate controlled between 18°C and 27°C throughout the installation
- Use a chalk line to square the area, marking starting points for the first course to follow, and ensuring cuts will be as efficient as possible
- Follow installation method outlined in the Operation & Maintenance Manual to lay out and secure tiles
- Ensure the installation space is climate controlled between 18°C and 27°C 48 hours following the installation
- Do not allow foot traffic for 24 hours after an installation. And do not allow rolling loads for up to 72 hours after installation
We offer a range of delivery options, depending on the product you’re buying and where you would like your order delivered.
Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery for stock items. If your order includes metal work and manufactured products, please allow 20-30 business days. Standard delivery from £7.50 inc-VAT.
Note: For large or heavy items we currently offer a kerbside pallet drop only. For more details please call 02890454123
You have fourteen (14) days from receipt of cancellable goods to notify us if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item. For more information on our returns policy please click here.
What colours are available?
Black with grey fleck
How is it installed?
Adhesive or joining plates are required to securely fit this product to floor.